In order to work properly the software requires the Patient ID information be entered in correctly and completely. Incomplete ID's will not allow the customer to communicate with the monitor (The send ID and Transfer buttons will be grayed out). Here are some common problems and solutions along with a couple of helpful suggestions.
WHAT ID TO USE? PROBLEMS CAN BE ENCOUNTERED WHEN A LENGTHY OR INTRICATE ID IS ENTERED.
When you assign yourself an ID number such as 1001. The monitor deals with that format the best.
THE BP MONITOR WILL NOT RESPOND, IT HAS 3 DASHES ACROSS THE SCREEN.
The BP monitor connects to the computer via a USB port. When connected to the USB cable the monitor defaults to the "data transfer" mode and you cannot use the monitor. The buttons on the BP monitor will be non-responsive until the BP monitor is no longer connected.
THE "SEND ID"/"TRANSFER" BUTTON IS GRAYED OUT (NOT ACTIVE).
Make sure that the Patient ID is selected and that there is a yellow box around it.
IS THE SOFTWARE COMPATIBLE BETWEEN THE WRIST UNIT AND THE UPPER ARM MODELS.
Yes both versions software will work with the other models; they are just slightly different versions of the same software.
- The software for the upper arm models has an extra column in the table where results are displayed. The column has the heading PAD or IHD (Irregular Heartbeat Detector) readings for units that have that capability are displayed there. If you use the wrist monitor with the upper arm software the extra column will come up as "N/A" for wrist monitor results since they are not IHD capable.
- The Software version for all the wrist monitors (v3.0) does not have the IHD column since none of the wrist monitors have the IHD feature. If you use the wrist monitor version of the software with an IHD monitor(3AC1-AP) the IHD readings will not be downloaded to the computer. Besides that it will work fine.
SOFTWARE IS NOT WORKING WINDOWS 98 SE
Refer to the attached document. This document included in the software. So you can walk the customer through opening it this document by doing the following:
- Open "My Computer" or Explorer
- Click on the hard drive (Usually it is the "C" drive)
- Double click on "Program Files" to open it.
- Double click on the "Microlife" Folder to open it
- Double click on the "Microlife BPA " Folder to open it
- Double click on the "USB Driver" Folder to open it
- Double click on the "BPA_98_Driver" Word document to open it and view and follow the directions
THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE BP MONITOR, AS EVIDENCED WHEN CUSTOMER CANNOT GET THE SEND ID AND DATA TRANSFER BUTTONS HIGHLIGHTED OR STATE THEY ARE GRAYED OUT.
Cause may vary with operating system. If operating system is not XP or MS Windows 2000 proceed to the problem listed above. If the system is XP or MS Windows 2000 proceed with the following. Note software does not work with Windows 98 only 98SE.
- Plug in BP monitor to computer with provided USB cable.
- Right click the software's icon on desktop and choose Properties.
- Choose the shortcut tab. Click on find target. Directory for software will open.
- Double click on USB Driver folder. Locate the file HidComInst.exe double click on it
- Hourglass will briefly appear as the communication drivers are installed.
- Close open folders and launch software. Click on your profile so that there is a yellow rectangle around it
- Send ID button should be highlighted dark blue. Click on it and answer the questions to link BP
- Data transfer button should now be come available. Click to transfer data
DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS A WARNING CAME UP AND STATED MICROSOFT DID NOT APPROVE THE SOFTWARE AND CONTINUING THE INSTALLATION MAY DAMAGE MY SYSTEM.
Do you run an XP system? You may received a warning roughly stating that, "The software you are installing logo is not registered with Microsoft, continuing may damage you system", when you go to install the drivers. It is my understanding that with XP you will always get that message any time you are trying to install software not reviewed by Microsoft. That is part of the Microsoft XP operating system, it will flag any software not tested by Microsoft. Microsoft has not tested our software. But has been tested by an independent software company on different operating systems, including XP! We have been selling this software for Blood Pressure Monitors thru CVS since June 2004, and have not received any feedback from consumers on our 800 line regarding problems caused by our software. We have installed and un-installed both the BP and Asthma software on our company's XP system multiple times. There have been no problems caused to our operating system by this practice. We found the software safe for our computers, the choice is up to you whether or not to continue the installation, and you know your system best.
ARE THERE ANY UPDATES AVAILABLE FOR THE CURRENT SOFTWARE.
Yes there are please contact us at 800-568-4147 and email@example.com for details.
I ALWAYS HAVE TO REINSTALL THE COMMUNICATION DRIVES EVERY TIME I WISH TO DOWNLOAD MY DATA.
If you have a PDA (active sync or hot sync), or Blackberry type device, the drivers for some of these devices compete for the same communication port as the BPA communication drivers. These devices are typically given higher priority on the COM port. Before plugging you BP unit please unplug your device and either turn off or disable accompanying software.
I NEED TO UNINSTALL AND THE REINSTALL MY SOFTWARE. HOW DO I SAVE MY DATA?
Use the export function found under the setting section of the software to back up all the profiles to a spot on you hard drive or even to a disc. When you are ready the software can be imported back into the software through the import function found under the setting section.
MANY PEOPLE CALL HAVING PURCHASED THE 3AC1-PC AND 3AC1-PCCOS WANT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE 2 PEOPLE USE IT.
The BP unit is not set up to be used by two people. The memory in some of Microlife's units is set up for two users. In the 3AC1-PC units the memory design inside the monitor is set up for only one person. But, from talking to other consumers who have purchased the unit this is how they have been handling it when using it for two users. The first person takes their measurements and then downloads the reading immediately to the software under their profile. The next person, just creates a separate profile, uses the unit and then downloads the data to their profile. The software can be set to erase the data in the monitors memory after each down load, in the settings section, middle circle button in the very bottom section of the software, this opens the settings box. Just make sure the erase measurement after readings circle is colored in like below. This would prevent data from one person from being downloaded by accident to the other person's profile.
IS THERE A WAY TO DELETE OR EDIT THE DATA?
Yes you can delete the readings you wish to remove and change incorrect dates and times with the following instructions.
- Export the profiles to the C drive to a spot you can get back to.
- Find your profile on the C drive. It will be identified by your profile ID number and the file exchange xml.
- RIGHT click on the file and choose open in Note Pad.
- Scroll down through all the lines of programming and locate your profile info. Below is an example of how it will appear.
- Find the appropriate date and reading. If deleting data, delete out MeasureRec to MeasureRec. In other words you must end up with two MeasureRec touching or back-to-back as above in red. To edit dates simply type over the dates.
- Save the file as is. Must be saved in the XML format. To ensure it is saved in XML format set save as type to all files, as below and click save
- Import the file into the software with the import function.
- Save changes to the profile.
- The deleted and edited readings will appear as edited.
It is recommend to experiment with the sample patient's data to learn the process. You can also export the file to the C drive to two spots. That way you will have the original data still intact if you need to start over.
I CAN'T SEE ALL THE OPTIONS FOR THE GRAPH OR TABLE IN THE LEFT SIDE OPTIONS BOX.
You will need to reset the screen area on the settings tab under display properties to a lower pixel level or you will have to reset the height and width of the software window in order to view all the options.